Curriculum For This Course
Introduction to Splunk & Setting Up Labs10 Lectures Time 01:01:00
Getting started with Splunk14 Lectures Time 02:02:00
Splunk Architecture10 Lectures Time 01:30:00
Forwarder & User Management7 Lectures Time 01:08:00
Post Installation Activities10 Lectures Time 01:38:00
Security Primer2 Lectures Time 00:21:00
Distributed Splunk Architecture8 Lectures Time 00:46:00
Indexer Clustering9 Lectures Time 01:12:00
Search Head Clustering6 Lectures Time 00:38:00
Advanced Splunk Concepts4 Lectures Time 00:36:00
Video tutorials list
Introduction to Splunk & Setting Up Labs
Video Name Time 1. Introduction to Splunk 06:29 2. Introduction to Docker Containers 09:47 3. Setting up Docker Environment 11:55 4. Installing Splunk - Docker Approach 06:00 5. Installing Splunk - RPM Approach 06:16 6. Data Persistence for Container Volumes 07:26 7. Important Pointer for Docker in Windows 03:15 8. Document - Persistent Docker Volume 04:17 9. Splunk Licensing Model 02:35 10. Important Pointer for Docker in Windows 02:02
Getting started with Splunk
Video Name Time 1. Importing Data to Splunk 12:03 2. Security Use-Case - Finding Attack Vectors 14:45 3. Search Processing Language (SPL) 18:14 4. Splunk Search Assistant 04:10 5. Splunk Reports 06:32 6. Splunk Report - Email Clarification (Followup) 01:22 7. Understanding Add-Ons and Apps 12:23 8. Splunk Add-On for AWS 10:15 9. Splunk App for AWS 11:29 10. Overview of Dashboards and Panels 07:31 11. Building Dashboard Inputs - Time Range Picker 07:29 12. Building Dashboard Inputs - Text Box 05:34 13. Building Dashboard Inputs - Drop down 05:49 14. Building Dashboard Inputs - Dynamic DropDown 03:25
Video Name Time 1. Directory Structure of Splunk 10:48 2. Splunk Configuration Directories 11:25 3. Splunk Configuration Precedence 06:03 4. Splunk Configuration Precedence - Apps and Locals 04:05 5. Introduction to Indexes 12:06 6. Bucket Lifecycle 17:19 7. Warm to Cold Bucket Migration 07:28 8. Archiving Data to Frozen Path 08:14 9. Thawing Process 05:58 10. Splunk Workflow Actions 05:50
Forwarder & User Management
Video Name Time 1. Overview of Universal Forwarders 04:26 2. Installing Universal Forwarder in Linux 14:47 3. Challenges in Forwarder Management 06:18 4. Introduction to Deployment Server 08:36 5. ServerClass and Deployment Apps 10:48 6. Creating Custom Add-Ons for deployment 11:24 7. Pushing Splunk Linux Add-On via Deployment Server 08:54
Post Installation Activities
Video Name Time 1. Understanding Regular Expressions 15:15 2. Parsing Web Server Logs & Named Group Expression 15:15 3. Importance of Source Types 07:16 4. Interactive Field Extractor (IFX) 05:35 5. props.conf and transforms.conf 16:16 6. Splunk Event Types 06:08 7. Tags 06:45 8. Splunk Events Types Priority and Coloring Scheme 07:05 9. Splunk Lookups 13:44 10. Splunk Alerts 07:08
Video Name Time 1. Access Control 10:26 2. Creating Custom Roles & Capabilities 10:52
Distributed Splunk Architecture
Video Name Time 1. Overview of Distributed Splunk Architecture 07:05 2. Understanding License Master 04:45 3. Implementing License Master 05:36 4. License Pools 06:04 5. Indexer 04:29 6. Masking Sensitive Data at Index Time 06:17 7. Search Head 03:41 8. Splunk Monitoring Console 06:23
Video Name Time 1. Overview of Indexer Clustering 04:12 2. Deploying Infrastructure for Indexer Cluster 07:11 3. Master Indexer 07:45 4. Peer Indexers 06:21 5. Testing Replication and Failover capabilities 09:29 6. Configuration Bundle 10:03 7. Configuration Bundle - Part 02 04:37 8. Forwarding Logs to Indexer Cluster 11:34 9. Indexer Discovery 10:02
Search Head Clustering
Video Name Time 1. Overview of Search Head Clusters 03:50 2. Deploying Infrastructure for Search Head Cluster 06:43 3. Configuring Cluster Setup on Search Heads 12:00 4. Validating Search Head Replication 02:18 5. Pushing Artifacts through Deployer 06:50 6. Connecting Search Head Cluster to Indexer Cluster 06:02
Advanced Splunk Concepts
Video Name Time 1. Using Btool for Troublshooting 08:54 2. Overview of Data Models 05:02 3. Creating Data Model - Practical 13:31 4. Splunk Support Programs 08:06
SPLK-2002: Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect Certification Training Video Course Intro
Certbolt provides top-notch exam prep SPLK-2002: Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect certification training video course to prepare for the exam. Additionally, we have Splunk SPLK-2002 exam dumps & practice test questions and answers to prepare and study. pass your next exam confidently with our SPLK-2002: Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect certification video training course which has been written by Splunk experts.
If you want a fruitful Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect certification journey, Certbolt has prepared something for you. The Splunk SPLK-2002 exam video course is intended to make your training phase as easy as possible. Each lecture recorded in the material is directed to enhance your skills and expand your comprehension.
Furnished with 80 lectures, the Splunk SPLK-2002 video tutorial thoroughly harnesses your technical capabilities. Each of the lessons is aimed at the core objectives of the real test to keep you on track with your exam outline. More so, these are categorized into different modules to provide you with highly organized learning. The entire course, in particular, runs for 10 hours, with extensive support from an industry expert.
Knowledge and Skills Tested
As a certified Splunk architect, it’s significant for you to be equipped with the right set of knowledge, most especially in working with tasks associated with the Splunk environment. So, here are some of the central topics underlined in the course that you need to fully comprehend:
- To start, you have to revisit the nuts and bolts of Splunk containers. This, particularly, focuses on how to set up a Docker environment as well as install Splunk Docker and RPM approach. Data persistence is also a major attribute that requires your focus, along with the Splunk licensing model.
- Next on the list is the process on how to import data to Splunk. These cover Splunk subjects such as Security Use-Case, Search Assistant, Report, and Add-ons. Building dashboard inputs is another principal skill that you need to drill.
- Mastering the entirety of Splunk architecture is a must for all candidates. To do so, you have to go through the Splunk configuration directories and precedence, as well as indexes, thawing process, and workflow actions. Also, don’t forget to ascertain the proper way of archiving data to a frozen path and transitioning warm to a cold bucket.
- To become a reliable Splunk architect, make sure to mug up the features of forwarder management and deployment server. These include custom add-ons needed for deployment Server and Universal Forwarder. Along with these, you have to put up with key post-installation activities, focusing more on regular expressions, source types, event types, lookups, alerts, and tags.
- Splunk architects are generally assigned with the security and welfare of the network that uses Splunk solutions. Henceforth, it’s mandatory to know security primer points for you to effectively work with access controls and create custom roles.
- Distributed Splunk architecture, in particular, takes a major part in the training. Here, you get to further understand the functions of License Master, Search Head, and Index Time. And to fully wade through the index clustering, there will be a specific module expounding Master Indexer, Peer Indexer, Indexer Discovery, Failover Capabilities, and such.
- Search clustering is another relevant aspect that you have to pore over during this tutorial. Take your time learning the Search Head Clusters and Search Head Replication. And to conclude the course, lessons about Splunk's advanced tools are added. These help you in discerning the usage of Btool for troubleshooting, the importance of creating a data model, and the process of Splunk support programs.
Since this test is already a highly technical validation, there are plenty of things to consider beforehand. As noted by Splunk, candidates for the actual exam must accomplish training materials related to architecting and troubleshooting Splunk Enterprise. It also touches on Splunk Enterprise cluster administration and practical lab deployment. Because of such weight in the certification program, it’s compulsory for candidates to have cleared first the Splunk Core Certified Power User and the Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin certifications. Accordingly, the same prerequisites go for this video course.
As we’ve detailed in the introduction, SPLK-2002 exam is the main requirement of the Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect certificate. This expert-level endorsement of your skills obliges you to answer 85 questions within 87 minutes plus another 3 minutes to read the test guidelines. The exam itself is considered challenging as it focuses more on complex tasks related to Splunk deployment methodology. In addition, it underlines the key industry practices that you need to master, including data collection, management, and troubleshooting via search head clustering and indexer.
Target Audience for SPLK-2002 Video Lessons
- Those who are studying for the Splunk SPLK-2002 exam;
- Individuals who are current holders of the Splunk Core Certified Power User and the Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin designations;
- Specialists who want to demonstrate their expertise in administering basic and complex Splunk enterprise functions.
Finding the right training material can be very perplexing. To save your time and effort, Certbolt has designed a superior video course that you can use for your Splunk SPLK-2002 exam preparation. This online program not just readies you for the tough evaluation ahead but also for your technical job role. And of course, the benefits of passing such a test and obtaining its associated certification go beyond skill advancement. And if you’re wondering how much Splunk Enterprise Certified Architects get every year, well, the answer is quite fascinating. According to ZipRecruiter.com, their average salary is $151,325 annually. So, if you want to earn such a big amount, start with your preparation as early as now.
Pursue These Job Roles
- Splunk enterprise architect;
- Splunk senior engineer;
- Spunk consultant;
- Splunk dashboard developer;
- Lead Splunk architect;
- Project manager for Splunk architecture.
Certbolt's total training solution includes SPLK-2002: Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect certification video training course, Splunk SPLK-2002 practice test questions and answers & exam dumps which provide the complete exam prep resource and provide you with practice skills to pass the exam. SPLK-2002: Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect certification video training course provides a structured approach easy to understand, structured approach which is divided into sections in order to study in shortest time possible.