- Certification: CompTIA Security+
- Certification Provider: CompTIA
CompTIA Security+ Certification
100% Real CompTIA Security+ Certification SY0-501 Exam Dumps
CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Practice Test Questions, CompTIA Security+ Exam Dumps, Verified Answers - 100% Free!
897 Questions and Answers
The ultimate exam preparation tool, SY0-501 practice questions and answers cover all topics and technologies of SY0-501 exam allowing you to get prepared and then pass CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
100% Real CompTIA Security+ Certification SY0-601 Exam Dumps
CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 Practice Test Questions, CompTIA Security+ Exam Dumps, Verified Answers - 100% Free!
73 Questions and Answers
The ultimate exam preparation tool, SY0-601 practice questions and answers cover all topics and technologies of SY0-601 exam allowing you to get prepared and then pass CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
Last Week Results!
Customers Passed CompTIA Security+ Certification
Average Score in Real Exam at Testing Centre
Questions Came Word for Word from These CertBolt Dumps
The CompTIA Security+ is the first certification that the specialists should earn to build a successful career in the cybersecurity field.
Security+ Certification Overview
This CompTIA Security+ validates candidates’ core knowledge that is needed to take up any security job role. It also provides the practitioners with the springboard required to apply for the mid-level cybersecurity positions. In particular, this certificate is a globally recognized IT certification that many applicants opt for to verify their basic security skills. Successful candidates are known to have sound knowledge of concepts like penetration testing, network infrastructure, organizational security, enterprise networking, and so on. It imparts the core security knowledge into a candidate and turns him/her into a real-world problem-solver effortlessly. To know more, this certification focuses on concepts like the installation and configuration of networks, implementing secure network architecture concepts to secure an organization’s network, installing wireless security successfully, and ensuring proper risk management. Such deep and extensive understanding helps any networking specialist to get into the industry appropriately and hassle-free. Finally, you should keep in mind that the Security+ is a globally recognized certification that meets ISO 17024 standards and is accepted by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Apart from all these, this certificate is also ANSI accredited.
Who Should Go for Security+?
The CompTIA Security+ is an ideal certification for all those candidates who want to acquire core cybersecurity skills to get placed in any of the key cybersecurity job roles. With zero official prerequisites, this certification acts as an ideal tool to hit the glass ceiling in the world of the cybersecurity industry. Also, if you need to fulfill DoD 8570 compliance for jobs in the US government, then this qualification is the right thing to obtain.
What Areas Are Covered in New CompTIA Security+ Certification Test?
The exam for this certification is known as SY0-501 and it validates the candidates’ knowledge and skills necessary for configuring various systems to secure apps. It also evaluates their ability to recommend and implement the relevant security solutions, as well as operate with the awareness of the appropriate laws and policies. Particularly, the CompTIA SY0-501 test checks one’s familiarity with the principles of confidentiality, availability as well as integrity. The skills measured in such a certification exam can be combined in the following groups with the exam weightage in brackets:
- Threats, attacks, alongside vulnerabilities (21%) - this objective is aimed at equipping you with the relevant knowledge of how to determine malwares, compare various attacks, including app & wireless ones. In addition, you will deal with penetration testing concepts and explain the vulnerability types.
- Architecture as well as design (15%) - this domain will teach you how to secure networking architecture & systems design. Plus, you will get to know more about staging deployment notions like Sandboxing. Finally, you will learn how to use resiliency & automation to eliminate risks.
- Technologies & tools (22%) - there, you will acquire a solid knowledge of how to install hardware and software networking elements to support the security of an enterprise and will troubleshoot all the security issues appearing.
- Cryptography and PKI (12%) - in this tested area, you will contrast fundamental notions of cryptography, install wireless settings for security, and put into practice public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Risk management (14%) - here, you will get the gist of how policies, plans, and procedures are important for the security of an organization in addition to explaining the concepts of disaster recovery, forensics, and security & privacy practices concepts.
- Identity and access management (16%) - through this topic, you will understand the identity & access management notions, will differentiate diverse account practices, and will configure identity and access management services including controls.
What Is CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam Like?
SY0-501 exam is made up of a maximum of 90 questions. The types of tasks you should expect include performance-based and multiple-choice questions. The time limit allocated for the completion of this test is 90 minutes. This means that you have an average of one minute for each question. You don’t have to worry, though. You will have enough time to complete all the questions provided you have prepared for the exam properly. To know more, the passing score for such a test is 750 points on a scale of 100-900. It’s also to be noted that the new exam will be available in November, but if you plan to take it before then, you will have to pass the CompTIA SY0-501. The current version of the test is available in English, Portuguese, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese, while SY0-501 exam will be delivered in English and Japanese only. The registration process for this CompTIA test is done through Pearson VUE after paying the fee of $349. To conclude, the Security+ certification is valid for three years and can be renewed in multiple ways. So, make sure that you are meeting all the certification renewal requirements before the expiry date comes.
What Are SY0-501 Prerequisites?
As per CompTIA, one is recommended to acquire the Network+ certificate and two years of hands-on IT experience in a security focus job role.
What Kind of Jobs Await You after Attaining CompTIA Security+?
The way the CompTIA Security+ hones one’s IT skills is commendable. Specialists having this certification are known as doyens of cybersecurity. Thus, a holder of the Security+ can easily aim at key cybersecurity job roles such as Security Engineer, Analyst, and Security Administrator. Other than these jobs, profiles like Security Specialist, Security Consultant, and Systems Administrator can also be aimed at after successfully obtaining your CompTIA Security+ certification. Needless to say, all these job roles are high-paying and gratifying. As per the details mentioned on ZipRecruiter, Security Engineers’ salaries currently range between $96,000 and $141,000, which is a handsome pay package. Similarly, a Security Administrator can easily make $85,379 annually. In short, the Security+ makes you an ideal candidate to get placed in key security job roles and earn handsome pay.
How to Move Forward in Cybersecurity Career?
We have explained how the CompTIA Security+ certification helps a candidate to have a smooth career start. However, we all need an advancement and career update. Don’t worry, this Security+ certification makes this task easier as well. As this is an entry-level certification, career advancement is possible by going for other higher-level cybersecurity CompTIA certifications like the CySA+ or PenTest+. All these certificates will take your beginner cybersecurity skills to the intermediate level. To take your career to an advanced level, CompTIA offers the CASP+ certification to pursue, which will prepare you for further job roles.
Where can I download free exam questions?
First you need to create an account with CertBolt (click link 'Registration' in top menu). Then you need to confirm your email address: check your mailbox for confirmation email message from CertBolt and click a link inside of that message. After that you are ready to download free exam questions.
How long will my product be valid?
All CertBolt products are valid for 365 days from the date of download.
How many free exams can I download?
All CertBolt products are for personal use only. Each CertBolt account owner is limited to download 100 different exams per month.
How many computers I can download CertBolt software on?
You can download your CertBolt products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers/devices.
What operating systems are supported by your practice exam questions software?
Our CompTIA Security+ practice exam questions are supported by all modern Microsoft Windows editions.
Top CompTIA Exams
- SY0-501 - CompTIA Security+
- 220-1001 - CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 1
- N10-007 - CompTIA Network+
- CAS-003 - CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) CAS-003
- 220-1002 - CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 2
- CS0-002 - CompTIA CySA+ Certification Exam (CS0-002)
- XK0-004 - CompTIA Linux+
- PK0-004 - CompTIA Project+
- CV0-002 - CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002)
- SK0-004 - CompTIA Server+
- PT0-001 - CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Exam
- LX0-103 - CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI 1
- FC0-U61 - CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- LX0-104 - CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI 2
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+ 2021
- CLO-002 - CompTIA Cloud Essentials+
- CV1-003 - CompTIA Cloud+