Pass MS-100 Certification Exam Fast
MS-100 Exam Has Been Retired
This exam has been replaced by Microsoft with new exam.
Microsoft MS-100 Exam Details
The Microsoft MS-100 exam aims to equip the test-taker with all the leading skills associated with Microsoft 365 and impart a best-of-breed understanding of this tool. Candidates who will come up with flying colors in this test are considered as real-world problem-solvers as they will be having the best and latest skills related to Microsoft 365 services and identity.
What Is Microsoft MS-100 for?
The Microsoft MS-100 exam is one of the two qualifying tests required for earning the Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert certification. This expert-level certificate allows an IT professional to gain and validate the latest skills needed for an administrator role. It is amongst the best role-based jobs and equips the test-taker with knowledge related to planning, implementation, and product monitoring. The second test one should pass to get accredited is MS-101 that focuses on the security and mobility of Microsoft 365.
Who Can Opt for This Assessment?
This exam is designed for the Microsoft 365 Enterprise administrators who participate in planning, deploying, migrating, managing, and evaluating Microsoft 365 services. They also carry out Microsoft 365 tenant management tasks for the enterprise, such as their identities, compliance, security, and supporting technologies.
What Knowledge Should One Have to Be Eligible for It?
MS-100 exam candidates must have hands-on skills for working with Microsoft 365 workloads and possess experience being an administrator for at least one of these workloads such as Skype for Business, Windows as a Service, SharePoint, or Exchange. Their knowledge of server administration, IT fundamentals (PowerShell, AD, DNS), and networking is also a big plus.
What Is the Content of MS-100?
The content of the Microsoft MS-100 test includes the following topics:
- Design & Implement Microsoft 365 Services. This domain covers up to 30% of all the questions of the test. It focuses on the skills needed to configure different user identities as well as planning of the Microsoft 365 implementation. To complete this chapter successfully, candidates have to learn how to set-up and maintain Microsoft 365 subscription and tenancy together with user and data migration planning. End-to-end implementation of Microsoft 365 is well covered in this section as it teaches how to plan Microsoft 365 infrastructure and authentication solutions. Microsoft 365 subscription, creating tenant, upgrading current subscriptions, and monitoring license allocations are also covered extensively.
- Plan Office 365 Workloads & Applications. This topic covers around 15% of the tasks. It targets Office 365 workload deployment including planning for connectivity, building migration strategies, and working with data flow, among the rest. This section also has a lot to offer for those interested in apps. The test-takers will learn about Microsoft 365 apps management as well as tools and techniques required for enterprise Microsoft 365 app development.
- Manage User Identity & Roles. It is the third theme that weighs between 35 and 40% in the test items. Applicants will need to demonstrate that they have developed skills related to Azure AD Connect and how they manage the user roles. It also checks oneâ€™s readiness to handle Azure identity management, administer Azure AD identities, managing access reviews, and perform bulk user management. In addition, the identity synchronization provided with the help of Azure AD is covered.
- Manage Access & Authentication. This section represents up to 25% of the whole exam. It is related to authentication management, multi-factor authentication implementation, application access configuration, and external usersâ€™ access to Microsoft 365 environment. Skills like designing an MFA solution, reporting MFA utilization, performing MFA app configuration, and administering an MFA solution will be well-covered in this section.
What Are The Pre-requisite for The Exam?
As we have already told that MS-100 leads to an expert-level certification, one must know about great prior expertise required. The vendor suggests owning any of the below-mentioned certificates before taking up the Microsoft MS-100 test:
- MCSE: Productivity Solutions Expert
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate
What Will You Face When Exam Day Comes?
The Microsoft MS-100 certification test is made up of 40-60 questions with the time allocation of 180 minutes to solve them. The questions are of MCQ, active screen, case study, best-answer, drag-and-drop, and build list type. One can take-up the exam via an online proctoring facility or by visiting a testing center. The exam is available in English and Japanese. To register for it, the candidates are required to pay the fee of $165 and complete the scheduling process at the Pearson VUE platform. To earn a pass status in this test, one should get at least 700 points out of 1000.
What Are The Job Prospects Of Microsoft MS-100 Exam?
Passing the Microsoft MS-100 exam and earning the associated certification demands tons of effort. But, it reaps enough and satisfactory outputs as well. The IT job market has a huge demand for Microsoft certified professionals. The way this test helps a candidate to get hold over high-end knowledge associated with evaluating, planning, deploying, migrating, and managing the Microsoft 365 services is laudable.
MS-100 verifies oneâ€™s competence to handle the identity, compliance, security, and supporting technology-related tasks with full perfection. All these skills are ideal for job roles like Enterprise System Administrator and System Engineer. Both of these positions allow earning a handsome salary. As per the PayScale, the average pay for the mentioned professionals is $65k and $78k per year, respectively, which is just an average amount.
How You Can Level-up Your Career Further?
Passing the Microsoft MS-100 exam helps one become an Enterprise expert. Hierarchy-wise, this is the highest certification that one can earn related to Microsoft 365. However, you can explore other areas of expertise like Azure and Windows to level-up the career.
Microsoft has a lot to offer. Just pass this exam and have endless opportunities afterward.