Pass 70-412 MCSA Certification Exam Fast
70-412 Exam Has Been Retired
This exam has been replaced by Microsoft with new exam.
Microsoft 70-412 Exam Details
Microsoft 70-412 is an exam that targets individuals in IT administration positions who are aiming to obtain the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2012 certification. It is the third one in a series of three tests required to get the mentioned certificate. The first two exams are 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 and 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012.
Prerequisites and Skills Measured in 70-412 Exam
The Microsoft 70-412 exam is used to evaluate a person's knowledge and the ability to carry out advanced Windows Server 2012 configuration tasks to implement, manage, and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure. Successful completion of this test indicates that the candidate has the capability and competence to install and administer Windows Server 2012 in a business environment.
This exam does not set any specific prerequisites for applicants. However, it is recommended to have completed 70-410 and 70-411 before attempting 70-412 since it is a more advanced and extended one. And clearly, the candidate is expected to have some exposure to the Windows server when sitting for the test.
Structure and Main Features of 70-412
Like all MCSA exams, 70-412 carries roughly about 40 to 60 questions and candidates are given two hours to complete them. Microsoft does not specify the exact number of tasks, so it is prone to vary as well as the types of inquiries that also differ and can be presented in form of multiple-choice questions, drag and drop, case study, short answers, active screen, build lists, and hot area.
Candidates are expected to score about 700 out of 1000 points to pass the exam. The results of 70-412 do not have an expiry period and therefore are considered to be valid for a lifetime. If one is unable to gain the needed number of points on the first try, Microsoft allows one to retake the test four more times within a period of one year.
The exam is conducted in several languages including Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, French, English, Portuguese, and German to enable and facilitate applicants from across the world to become Microsoft accredited professionals. In addition, anyone willing to take the Microsoft 70-412 exam should pay $165 as a fee during the registration process. Registration can be done by logging in to the Pearson VUE platform, selecting the needed 70-412 exam, and following the instructions.
Microsoft 70-412 Study Areas
Microsoft 70-412 tests candidates on a range of topics related to advanced implementation and configuration of Windows Server 2012 services. The key areas as well as a detailed overview of concepts candidates need to be proficient in before registering for the exam are listed below.
- Implement disaster recovery and business continuity. Disaster recovery and business continuity is an essential domain that covers the different ways an individual can follow to protect, backup, and recover a Windows Server 2012 from any issues that may arise. The candidate should be familiar with using various tools available for troubleshooting boot related issues. Also, oneâ€™s knowledge of protecting the Server in the event of a failure by techniques such as backups and shadow copies will be evaluated. Finally, utilizing VSSAdmin, Win RE, configuring the BCD store and Global Update Manager, as well as recovering a multi-site failover cluster are a few of the skills one should possess.
- Configure file and storage solutions. This domain focuses on configuring advanced file and storage solutions such as Network File System (NFS), BranchCache, and the File Server Resource Manager (FSRM). Test-takers are expected to be well versed in configuring storage systems and optimizing them, configuring iSNS and tiered storage, etc. Knowledge of implementing and configuring features such as Dynamic Access Control (DAC) for file and folder management will be tested as well.
- Configure access and information protection solutions. This topic requires individuals to show their understanding and skills in managing certificate services for security. Candidates should be familiar with implementing and configuring Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS), Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), and Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Manage and configure high availability. High availability refers to a highly reliable server with maximum uptime. To go through this section successfully, applicants must have sufficient skills to manage and configure this aspect. This involves solid knowledge of failover clustering roles, Network Load Balancing configuration, management of Virtual Machine movement, and others.
- Configure advanced network services. To answer all the questions under this domain, one is expected to have a very good understanding and knowledge of implementing and configuring advanced network services such as DHCP, DNS, and IPAM.
- Configure the Active Directory infrastructure. Active Directory infrastructure covers a wide range of topics requiring candidates to have a sound understanding of the following: managing AD as well as SYSVOL replication, the configuration of sites, trusts, and a forest, including implementation of multi-forest environments, moving domain controllers, and more.
Future Career Prospects
Completion of the Microsoft 70-412 exam demonstrates a person's knowledge and expertise in IT at the intermediate level. Thus, it presents a wide range of opportunities for individuals looking to start a successful career in the IT industry or upgrade in their current role or workplace. The MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certified professionals are highly desired by employers over their non-accredited counterparts because they are more reliable and have the verified basic qualification required to work with Windows Server 2012.
These individuals are capable of functioning in many different work environments and carry various designations such as network administrators, computer systems administrators, computer network specialists, systems engineers, and many more. According to research conducted by PayScale.com, an MCSA certified IT professional makes an average of $76,000 annually which is considered a very attractive salary in today's competitive landscape.
Whatâ€™s the Next Step in the Professional Journey?
Those specialists who have passed the Microsoft 70-412 exam and got certified can prepare and aim to conquer the next step in their professional path. Microsoft offers different options to choose from. For instance, there is an expert-level certificate known as MCSE: Core Infrastructure for which MCSA: Windows Server 2012 is a prerequisite. Also, one can opt for MCSE: Productivity Solutions Expert. These are the highest certifications in this track that lead to more specialized jobs such as administrator, architect, computer support specialist, and information security analyst.